How do I know if my number can be ported to nomado?
- The number portability depends on the the country and operator. For Belgium numbers, we can transfer all numbers. For other countries, you need to contact nomado Team to check number portability.
In what countries can nomado port a number?
- For Belgium numbers, we can transfer all numbers For other countries, you need to contact nomado Team to check number transfer possibility.
What are the procedures to port my number to nomado?
You need to fill out the Letter of Authorization form (LOA Form) which will be provided to you, sign it and send it to nomado together with your latest invoice with existing carrier as proof of ownership of the number.
Important: You need to make sure the number you are porting to nomado is not connected to your internet (DSL line) otherwise, your existing carrier will disconnect your internet once they release your number to nomado. We only submit your request to your existing carrier, we do not contact them for other matters related to your account. You need to contact the existing carrier directly.
In instances where you no longer have invoice, you can send any proof of ownership of numbers like screenshots of directory listings with your name and number. You can also send screenshot of your online account showing your number with the existing carrier.
How much does it cost to port my number?
- The rates for porting the number depends on the type of numbers and the countries. For Belgium landline numbers it is 19 euro one time portation fee and 29 euro keeping fee per year. For other countries, you can download the Portation Fee at the bottom of the page.
How soon can my number be ported to nomado?
- The portation process will take around 7 to 10 business days depending how soon the existing carrier can release the number.
What will happen to my number during the porting process?
- During portation process, your number will remain active with your existing carrier. We will inform you day/s before the number is transferred to nomado as soon as we get a confirmation from existing carrier when they can release the number. This will minimize your phone downtime.
Can my existing carrier rejects my request?
There are instances when the porting request gets rejected. That is, if your numbers you want to port are associated with other numbers with the existing carrier. There are numbers also which are classified by your existing carrier as not portable, so you need to check with your existing carrier first.
The portation fee is not refundable in the event the portation request is rejected or cancelled. Futhermore, the Portation fee could not be applied as call credit in the event the request is cancelled or rejected.
If the first request gets rejected, we can still submit second request (no need for 2nd payment) after you contacted the existing carrier with their confirmation the number is alright to transfer. This will delay the portation process and will take more than 10 business days.
Can I port Toll Free numbers?
- Toll Free numbers can be ported to nomado but depends on which country is it from. Please contact nomado Team to check portability.
Can I cancel my request in the middle of porting process?
- Yes, you can cancel if the loosing carrier has not yet released your number to nomado. Please take note that portation fee is not refundable in the event the portation request is rejected or cancelled. Futhermore, the Portation fee could not be applied as call credit in the even the request is cancelled or rejected.
Can I request to put the portation on hold?
- Yes, you can request to put the portation on hold if it has not been processed yet. Once the porting request is submitted to the carrier, we can only request to prolong the portation date
Can I port out my number from nomado?
- In the event you are not satisfied with nomado and decide to move to another provider, you can still move your number with you.
- Please note that port out of your number associated to existing plan will stop your subscription plan. No refund for unused amount, subscribe plan and credits are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
What are the procedure to port out my number from nomado?
- You need to inform your new operator you intend to move your nomado number to their network. They will be the one to contact nomado and submit to us your port out request.
What is the reason why nomado rejects my port out request?
- We will reject port out request if the number is no longer active for 1 month or if the subscription of plan associated with the number, or number subscription is not extended and already expired for 1 month. nomado will assign your number to other users if the number is not extended within 2 months after its subscription ends. The receiving carrier should also provide correct information of your account to avoid the porting request to be rejected.